Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Dog Days Of Summer

Summer is in full swing, and with that comes the heat, the rain, and subsequently the humidity. While I greatly enjoy a nice rain, hearing the drops patter against the roof while I lay in bed and how nice it is to enjoy a warm day while not having the sun beating down on me, the humidity and the swarms of mosquitoes to follow are less than pleasant.

My baby, Hades, spends the summer days sleeping and relaxing to cope with the heat, while enjoying his time in the shade looking down the driveway. The fella and I have been taking him out to the parks for some much needed exercise as well as some mental stimulation, and by that I mean smelling everything because some other dog has once been there. He loves it, even if it tires him out to the point of sleeping the entire car ride back home. That's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment