Monday, March 25, 2013

Pumpkin Pi

Perhaps it is just me, but it seems like ages since I've last submitted anything to this sad and lonely blog. It's been rather uneventful and highly unexciting around here for quite some time. For the longest time there were no thrift finds, I caught a flu, and we've been enduring a winter that seems like it is never ending. Finally the drought seems as though it may be coming to an end.

Saturday morning I attended an indoor garage sale at a local church. While it had already been on for an hour before arriving, I did manage to find some lovely striped cups that go perfectly with my (hopefully) ever growing glass/mug collection. I'm drawn to orange and yellow when it comes to glasses and mugs, and these were just my style. Two cups cost me a whopping one dollar. The first score of many great scores of this season, I hope.

After a thrifty score, I came back home feeling slightly ambitious, pulling out four of my little pumpkins that have been awaiting their fate since fall. They were roasted, pureed, and packaged into one and two cup portions for later use. While many may find such a task quite tedious, it was rather relaxing to me, making me wonder what took so long to get around to it. The very next day I turned one portion of that beautiful home grown, home cooked pumpkin into one lovingly hand made pumpkin "pi". There was a little too much filling for the pie crust, but you won't hear any complaints from me. The extra was enough to make two mini pies for early "testing". Yum. That's all I have to say.

Let's hope these good feelings and ambitiousness continue through lack of warm weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment