Monday, February 20, 2012

Win Some, Lose Some

Upon opening my mailbox today I found a coupon book for our local A&W restaurant and a small decorated letter envelope. I hadn't ordered anything that was to come in such a small envelope and I knew a swap item from the US couldn't be here since it was only mailed Friday...so what is it? It had been decorated in an Alice In Wonderland theme and the return address was from Italy. It was a swap package for my Wonderland Tea Party In A Box Swap.

I hate to be rude but...it wasn't exactly what I expected. I opened the little envelope to find four packets of tea (which I don't drink), two xmas Kinder chocolates, a pack of some sort of pudding, a bunny necklace (I assume is handmade), about 5 sticker flakes, a few home printed stickers, and a few little pieces of kawaii memo paper. Call me stuck up but I was expecting something a little bigger, after all that's what I had specified in the swap description/rules.

This was my first swap that I ever felt truly disappointed in. It felt to me as though it was thrown together bits that came from other swaps or things lying around. I put a fair deal of thought into my own swap package so I suppose I assumed they would do the same...or at least read my profile. I have serious peanut/nut allergies and I cannot eat anything that doesn't have a list of ingredients that I can check over, and none of these items had. I gave the chocolates to my father, I will be giving the tea to a friend, and I will likely send the pudding to another friend. I do feel bad for feeling so bitter...but this made me so sad...

You win some, you lose some I guess.

5 comments:

  1. thats such as shame =( I participated in the swap you organized and really enjoyed it I'm just hoping my partner receives her gifts seen on my blog
    http://happinesscrafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/london-and-swaps.html
    As I will struggle to put another package like that together. not only short on cash but some of that stuff was handmade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your blog and your gift to your partner is lovely, definitely something like what I imagined people to receive when I created the swap. It's nice to see what other people have sent on these swaps, nice to be able to compare and see what others have come up with. I hope your partner gets her goodies, and when she does I'm sure will love them.
      Thanks for the comment as well as participating in my swap!

      Delete
  2. If you fancy we can try and do a private swap. It might have to wait for a bit though until I get a little bit more cash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be cool, just send me a message some time when you're ready :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry you didn't like what you received. It really appealed to me, as it's foreign food to try & the necklace is super cute! I guess the disappointing thing is that it didn't follow the swap parameters.

    ReplyDelete