Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tea For Two

It's that day yet again. I still don't understand the big deal about this day. Why do people need a forced day to celebrate their love? Why not every day? Though snuggling on the couch and watching a movie with someone you care for does sound lovely right about now. That's all I have to say on that subject I suppose.

My kitchen surprise swap has started, partners were assigned, and I put together a little gift of stainless steel measuring spoons with a little twine bow, one of my lovely vintage ice cream boxes, and a hand doodled cupcake tag with twine. I shall ship the lot off tomorrow, and I do hope my partner enjoys the set.

On a private swap front, I've been working up a number of 4x6 collage/mixed media prints in a sort of shabby chic/vintage style for a potential private swap. It's been quite enjoyable to have a reason to do such art pieces, and perhaps I shall make more before I'm through. In the mean time, I worked up five pieces for that swap. All are pictured, though the tea for two print I made for myself. On occasion it is nice to treat yourself, isn't it? I really should have looked for a frame while I was at the thrift shop today. Oh well, next time.

A quiet night ahead I expect. A bit of sewing, sloppy joes, and perhaps more art pieces will be in the works. Wherever you are, do have a happy and safe (wink wink) Valentines night.

No comments:

Post a Comment