Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Steals

I visited the thrift shop yet again today. I'm becoming quite a regular there. They are having "half off" days, so everything that is tagged is half off it's tagged price. Though I don't really have a use for it, I picked up this little dish set. It's a set of four including tea cups & saucers, dessert plates, bowls, and dinner plates (though one dinner plate is missing). It's in overall good condition, though a few pieces have just the slightest flaws, overall it's a neat little set. For a total of 1.25$ I couldn't say no. Perhaps someone, some day, will swap me for it? Who knows what will happen with this.

For a second steal I decided, what the heck, and bought a butter dish to add to my little collection of dishes. For some reason I'm oddly attracted to dishes...perhaps something in their delicateness that just draws me to them. Perhaps it's just because I imagine a Wonderland themed tea party and just can't help myself. Either way, at 50 cents for the little dish I once again could not say no.

That's the finds for today, but I'm sure I'll be back there soon...

3 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful! The butter dish is utterly fabulous though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it? I just couldn't resist for the price :)

      Delete
  2. Such great deals! I would have bought them all too. I think the patterns are wonderful. I also love dishware, glass ware all those serving & entertaining items. I cant resist those kind of collectibles!

    ReplyDelete