Monday, February 6, 2012

23rd Celebration

Time really does fly, doesn't it? It seems like just yesterday that I celebrated my 18th birthday, when in fact yesterday was really my 23rd. I celebrated simply, and had a day filled with old memories, sweets, and kitchen trinkets. I had tidied up the night before so I could have that fresh start feeling when I woke up on my birthday. A great way to start the day.

As you may know, I only managed to grow two tiny pumpkins in my garden this year. I didn't carve either of them for Halloween as they were both tiny, one was an awkward shape, and the other was still green. Well, the funny shaped pumpkin was starting to take a turn and so for my birthday celebration I carved it. It was quite possibly the quickest pumpkin I have ever carved as it was so small, though rather difficult to pick the right space to carve since it was so awkwardly shaped. I lit it and that wonderful heated/burning pumpkin smell filled the room reminding me of Halloween. Glorious.

The night was simple, just movies and relaxation. For the first time in my 23 years on this earth I watched The Wizard Of Oz. Yes, you heard correctly...the first time ever. That seems almost ridiculous to some since it's such a classic and it would seem almost a right of passage for children to watch it, but I never did. That was followed by Alice In Wonderland, the 1951 Disney cartoon version, another absolute classic. Every year I have to have some touch of Wonderland on my birthday.

Twenty three years done, the start of another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment