Saturday, December 31, 2011

Have A Ball This New Year

This year is slowly coming to a close, and I find myself looking back on it. There has been a lot of ups and downs this year, and a great deal of learning experiences. Though instead of looking back, I should look forward. There may have been a great deal of bad times this year, but this coming year can be different. I will make it different. There is so much to look forward to and so much to achieve this year. So much I want to do, so much to change.

I took the the ornaments off of my tree tonight, as well as the garland, and light up tree topper. I always find it a bit sad taking it down, but at the same time, it's a little sad to see the tree still up and thinking that the holidays are over now. I packed all of my ornaments into more, smaller boxes, rather than the ginormous old television box that is practically impossible for little old me to get out of the closet. It's quite the workout to maneuver that thing out of there. Now I have Five small boxes, perfectly sized for carrying. Next holiday season I will be all the better for it. The holidays are over, the new year is almost here, and you know...having the space all those decorations take up back will be quite nice in the end.

I'm not one for new years resolutions, but I believe this coming year will be a year for me to try my hand at knitting finally. Now, I know I've been saying that for some time, but I borrowed some knitting needles from my Gramma and already have the yarn. I do, however, need to pick up some ultra thick sized needles to make some fabulous shirts and dresses that I have been meaning to try out for ages now...New things to come in this new year.

Goodbye twenty eleven...
Welcome twenty twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment