Monday, September 19, 2011

Boo Mail

As Halloween draws nearer each passing day, I find myself getting more and more excited. I have decided on my costume and even picked up the necessary fabrics for it. All that's left is to make it, which of course isn't something I do until just before Halloween. In the mean time I have been working on pieces of possible costumes to sell. To a great many people, a vast amount of my sewing creations would be ideal Halloween-only pieces, but for those who love them for every day, I'm made up some more Halloween specific.

While in town the other day I check out our local Bargain Shop to see their Halloween goodies and while passing through rows...there it was. Candy Corn. My most favorite Halloween treat. Is anything better? Something about candy corn just gets me giddy. Perhaps it's the colors, the sweet taste, the fond childhood memories, or maybe just the fact that it is an absolute classic fall treat that has been around for so many years. It's everything. In fact, I'm rather obsessed with the stuff and while I don't eat a huge amount of candy I just love the look of it. Anything and everything with a candy corn theme promptly goes on my wanted list, especially lights.

There is one downside to candy corn, and one that drives me a little crazy while making me sad at the same time. You know when you open up a baggy of candy corn, reach in, pull a piece out...only to discover the white tip is gone? Drives you crazy doesn't it? Me too. Then after you've finished all the corns in the bag you're left with all the little white tops that didn't make it through. Poor little white heads. Sad.

Today was the first day of the "Halloween Postcard Swap" that I coordinated on swapbot, and things seem to be going smoothly. Lets hope it continues that way. As I have done previously, I made my own postcards from recycled newspaper and magazines and am quite pleased with the results. I went with pumpkins because, well, what's more traditionally Halloween than a pumpkin? Classic, just how I like it. I'm pleased with the results anyways.

All in all, not much to report. The weather is cooling off quite significantly and I'm thinking about investing in some more tights and perhaps making up some new sweaters to get me through the cold days ahead. In the mean time, I'm having fun with candy corn, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment