Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lazy Lily

Another post with flowers? Yessir. I do say, this year I've been absolutely taken over by the flowers. Now if only I had more of a green thumb and could grow more varieties. As of right now all the flowers in the yard have just been growing there for years, as long as I can remember.

On a plant topic, my garden seems to be doing okay right now. My pumpkins are getting bigger, the corn is growing taller, and more sunflowers continue to pop up. I also planted carrots, beets, and dill which are all doing just fine and I'm certainly excited for when I can pull something tasty out of there to eat. Is there anything better than garden vegetables? With last years pumpkin patch being such a disappointment I'm really hoping at least one of the things I planted will work out for me...preferably the pumpkins, hehe.

I'm happy to say that the weather here has been hot and fairly rain free lately, which is rather refreshing. As much as I love rain and having an excuse to use one of my umbrellas, it's nice to finally have a warm summer, more like what I remember when I was a young one. Let's hope it stays, my garden will be quite thankful for it.

Distracting myself with the warm weather, flowers, and my garden has been nice...but I still just don't feel right. It feels like there is so much uncertainty and I'm not sure what to do about anything anymore. I've actually been getting more work done than I have in a long time, but I still can't help but be uninspired a lot. When things seem bleak, I just can't get excited by a lot of projects. Well...anyways, gardens, flowers, and warm weather a'hoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment