Thursday, June 16, 2011

Play Nice Rice

Growing up I don't believe I ever made Rice Krispies treats (I was a puffed wheat cake kid). I ate a great many but never helped out to make them myself. Yes, I was a deprived child. Anyways, I've always heard how easy they were and seen the commercials of kids making them so of course I figured that it would be an instant success. Sadly, my first try at the Krispies was a major failure, as were the next few times. I was quite distraught at how something so seemingly easy just wasn't working out for me, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

After a few tries and a lot more love I, finally, successfully made Rice Krispies treats. Of all the desserts and treats I've tried and made, it was hard to believe this is the one that took the most time to really get right. The same recipe was used each time but with a lower stove temperature and a bit more love it finally worked out. You can imagine my pride.

That's one big obstacle down, and now to work on something new. Where to go next? Perhaps something more savory...There is such a lack of savory exploration in this house and it's about time to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment