Friday, June 10, 2011

Lovely Lilac

The lilacs and crab apple blossoms have started to bloom here. This is one of my favorite times of the year, the weather is warm, when you step outside the yard is surrounded by the delightful smell of lilacs, and the three crab apple trees are absolutely covered in white blossoms. A little break of nice in the middle of a rather unhappy time of my life.

Ahh wel. I snipped a few lilacs and blossoms and put them into various old (and new retro) glass pop bottles, a nice little decoration (and scent) for the dining room. I found it rather difficult to photograph them, and wonder if it's just a matter of skill or is it bad feelings? I tried my best nonetheless, perhaps tomorrow will be a better photo day...or perhaps not. I will miss the smell of lilacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment