Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rainy Day Vacation


Today was a rainy day. Now, considering that our water table is already too high and, it would seem, everyone has water in their basements, this is bad. Normally I adore watching the rain on the window, hearing it on the roof, but unfortnately today all I can think about is how many more pails of water will have to be sucked up and hauled out of the basement. Ugh.

Despite what's going on in the basement, I joined up on a happy Rainy Day Vacation postcard swap. Since I've been on a bit of a roll with postcards, I went along with my new found favorite style and used recycled newspapers and magazines once again. This time around I, of course, drew a rainy day umbrella instead of the sweet treats. Overall I think it came out ok, possibly not my ultimate best...I'm still unsure of the colorful hearts, but oh well. The postcard was appropriately photographed on a very rainy day. Fitting, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment