Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Cake


Ahh, Portal. That game holds a special place in my heart. My fella got a copy of it and we ended up playing it together. He worked the controls, and I figured out what to do, where to go. It was a match made for us, he got a shooter-type game, and I got my puzzles. Win-win. Needless to say, when we heard about Portal 2 coming out we knew we had to have a copy.

Yesterday was the release of Portal 2 so my fella and I took a special trip into the city for it. We went directly to the game store where the young lass working there informed us that they were sold out of the ps3 version. She did...until the guy there told her they had more, directly behind her. Phew. So we picked up our copy of Portal 2 and jumped back in the car.

Ok, so we didn't skip off back home since it's a two hour drive into the city for us, but we were pretty excited about it. We didn't get home until late last night so we only just started the game, but it was pretty awesome. The story is of course different, but so far the single player game is like the first Portal, which, if you've played it, you know is pretty great.

So in a sort of celebration of this most important of occasions I made a Portal cake to celebrate. I used the simple puffed wheat cake recipe that I've been using since I was young, simply added a bit of white icing, a candle, and used Maynards Swedish Berries for the decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment