Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Brown Sugar


There's nothing quite like opening up a new bag of brown sugar. Perfectly soft and sweet. I always end up nibbling on bits of sugar when I open up a new bag as I pour it into my brown sugar storage container. It never ceases to make me feel a little warm inside.

I made Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars with my new bag of brown sugar. A simple recipe, I must say. It made just the right amount, a small batch, just right for a good nibble for a few people. The same day that I got my Sunbutter and Peabutter I also bought some strawberry/raspberry jelly and it worked perfectly for the recipe. Not too many ingredients, quick prep, just the right amount, seems like a good deal to me. I'll make this one again, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again,
    See? I've been waiting to see what else you created? You didn't include SunButter IN this recipe, did you? Even so, it looks beautifully delish.
    Fellow Brown Sugar Nibbler,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth!
    Thanks so much for your comment. I actually haven't done anything else with my sunbutter yet except the sunbutter cookies. I hope to soon though :)

    ReplyDelete