Sunday, February 27, 2011

Puff Stuff

Ever since I could remember I've had puffed wheat cake over and over, and it's been one of my favorites since I can remember, but the recipe I've always known had two versions and I'd only ever had one. So last night I decided to try the other, which is esentially the cocoa-free version, and since Dustin isn't supposed to have caffiene I thought it would be great to try it out.

Both recipes are made the same way but the cocoa-free version does seem to stay softer longer, which is great to eat, but also means it doesn't hold it's shape quite as well. Though I suspect part of my problem was that I didn't pack it down into the dish like you normally would. I made a pie plate full, then a few shapes of puffed wheat cake, since I never seem to get around to using these mini silicone cake pans/molds that my friend gave me two years ago for my birthday.

Anyways, overall the second version came out tasting quite yummy, which always makes me happy to add another recipe to my success list.

No comments:

Post a Comment