Friday, February 18, 2011

Cough-A-Lot


For a few days now I've had a dreadful cough, I don't believe I've ever had a cough like this before. Needless to say, I've been a bit under the weather so it's been hard to get a lot of work done without stopping to have these, almost like, cough attacks. I've been trying to rest, relax, drink lots of fluids, the usual things your supposed to do when your feeling less than 100%.

Anyways, I've been struck by a bit of boredom in the midst of all the coughing. I keep looking at all my old finds, old magazines, and realized I've never taken any photos of some pieces. Some very special ones.

For as long as I can remember we've had a dish set hanging around. When I was young I never thought anything of it, to me they were just dishes, nothing to be given any thought. These days I cherish them. They were once my Great Gramma Cornish's. My Gramma told me about how she got them at the theater, one piece every time she attended. Yep, the theater. I guess she went a lot because there is quite the set. She used these every day but still look absolutely beautiful. It would be great to find out what theater she went to to get these, perhaps my Gramma will know.

These days they remain in a box in the basement until I get my own place, then they will be used for special occasions.

Aristocrat
Imperial Ware
Warranted
22k Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment