Monday, February 21, 2011

Cookies From A Cake Mix?

I don't believe I posted about the old magazines I found...I suppose that was before I made this blog, but while our family was going through a great many boxes of papers and things that were hidden away in the basement of what was once our old hotel there were old magazines that were my Gramma's back in the day. Needless to say, she really didn't care much about them, so mine they became. Much to my excitement. I've been looking through (over and over) the magazines, scanning, uploading them to flickr. I came across this Duncan Hines cake mix ad and was inspired to try these cake mix cookies. I went onto allrecipes.com and found a cake mix recipe that seemed to be highly rated, and made it myself. How did they turn out? They tasted great, and I think they looked quite nifty as well. Next time I think I can make them a little more uniform and interesting, different colors, perhaps some confetti. The great thing about the recipe is that you can use pretty much any cake mix and get a different cookie every time. I'll definitely be trying this again, with a new kind of cake mix.

A simple and lovely treat, worth a try I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment