Sunday, July 19, 2009

Around the world in 15 pages!

I decided I want to start up a fun little project of sending a 15 page tiny notebook out in hopes that it goes to as many different places as possible. It's a thin and light notebook so it will be inexpensive to ship, which I hope will encourage people to participate. How it will work is I will need to round up 14 participants from (hopefully) all different parts of the world. I will designate 1 page of the book per person to write and decorate as they please. Once they have received the book, personalized their page they will then send it on to the next person. How do they know who the next person will be? Each page will have the address of the person to follow. When the last page is filled the final person will then send it back to me. There will be a few rules of course...
  • You will not be allowed to alter or use up any other persons page.
  • You MUST mail it to the address listed on the next page, no skipping ahead. If you do not wish to send it on to them for any reason it MUST be sent directly back to me, and I shall forward it to that person.
  • Be respectful of myself and the other participants.
  • No nudity, offensive or illegal material.
  • You must glue/stick the stamp/postal tag from the previous person's envelope onto your page.
  • The book must be sent out in a timely manner. I know you can get busy with life and whatnot, but it only takes a little time to personalize one page. If you don't think you have the time, don't enter.
Other than that I think it's pretty much do as you please. Photos, postcards, stamps, cut outs and such are encouraged just please make sure they don't increase the thickness of the book too much. Soooo no pasting in big peices of cardboard and such =P Pretty obvious though. Each person should do as much to their page to make it their own, to tell some sort of story of them. You can do that through photos, writing, whatever you would like. Write about what you love, what interests you, tell a story, tell a joke, write a poem, show your life in photos, the choice is yours! Just be creative! I think that's about it. Otherwise the only other requirement is that if you participate you follow through. Flakes are not tolerated >_<> Let me know if your interested in joining ^.^ If it all works out, perhaps I will make it an annual thing..or maybe more often than that, depending on how long this takes.

On another note...I'm looking for someone in Japan who would like to trade magazines with me...There's numerous Japanese fashion magazines that are of interest to me but they are crazy expensive to get here. Sooo I'm hoping to find a sort of pen pal from Japan who would be willing to trade with me, or even just send them out to me and I will pay the costs. I just don't feel 25$ to get one of them on ebay is worth it -_- Yes, 25$, mostly because people are charging rediculous shipping rates and are trying to make a lot of money off of them. I'm interested in magazines like Kera, Fruits, Gothic & Lolita Bible...that sort.

Well that's all for now. If your interested or know anyone who might be, please let me know by August 4th. For the book/swap thing that is =P
Let me know, kids!

2 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to participate in something like this, but the other people end up flaking :( i live in washington state, but i am a reliable swapper, so you can count on me not to ruin the chain. just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. It sounds really interesting but I've never been involved in anything like it before. I'm in the UK, out in the countryside. Let me know if you need me.

    ReplyDelete