Friday, May 22, 2009

Roll Up

Well, my first post on this site. Why I joined I'm still not too sure. I don't actually know anyone on this site...or perhaps that's why I did join. Nonetheless here I am. I have not a lot to say for the moment...

I've been going through a box of my Grandfathers old photos and some papers, I always find it interesting even though I've been through it all at least a dozen times. It seems every time I look through it something new suprises me. I love it all...

Our family is basically re-locating to a town an hour and a half away so we're (Dad, Gramma, & I) have been going through masses of our clutter and knick knacks to see what to sell on our upcoming garage sale and what we would like to keep, so everyday lately she's been bringing by little old things she finds and thinks I may like. Naturally I love them all but I may very well be selling a few on ebay some time soon.

I love the bags she drops by...the first one I got from here (see left) is probably my favorite. It's in amazing condition, lovely beaded beauty with this sunny yellow lining. Now I just need to find an outfit to measure up to it's classyness. The other bag she just dropped off the other day was this little super pale pink pouch, again with beads. She said it's at least as old as her, probably older. So the bag itself is at least 80...you wouldn't beleive it from it's condition though. It's been lovingly stored away for some time.

I've been dying to go to more garage sales, with the poor weather there hasn't been too many yet. Hopefully it will start to warm up soon and things will pick up. I've been keeping my eyes open for old clothing but it seems like most are scooped up already. Perhaps one of these days when Gramma drops by she'll have a big bag full of treasured clothes. Ooooh yea, I almost forgot about the coat she gave me, from the 40's or 50's she used to wear it to formal dances. It's lamb wool or something, with a mink collar, very classy. The coat would go well with the brown beaded purse.

Well alas I shall stop for now. Not a bad length for a first post.
If anyone is actually reading this, hope all is well.


End.

No comments:

Post a Comment